- When you can do without antibiotics
- When you can not do
- Alternative Treatments for Cystitis
Can cystitis be cured without antibiotics in women: bladder therapy
Methods of treating cystitis without taking antibiotics. In which cases it is possible. Inflammation of the bladder in women: treatment of folk remedies and complex drugs.
Is it possible to cure cystitis without antibiotics: alternative therapies
Cystitis is one of the most common diseases of the genitourinary system. Pathology mainly affects women, as the urinary canal is somewhat wider and shorter than in men, therefore, it is easier for pathogens to penetrate. The disease is often asymptomatic, because of this it becomes difficult to make a diagnosis in time and start treatment. With all this, you can cure cystitis without antibiotics, but only bacterial free, and then – if you follow the recommendations of experts and adhere to the regime.
The content of the article
- When you can do without antibiotics
- Chronic cystitis
- Nonbacterial form
- When you can not do
- What to look for
- Alternative Treatments for Cystitis
- Herbal Medicines
- Types of physiotherapy
When you can do without antibiotics
Not always the cause of inflammation is the ingress of bacteria into the ureters. A sedentary lifestyle, spicy food, urolithiasis provoke the development of pathology. If the disease is non-infectious in nature, it is reasonable to carry out the treatment without taking antibiotics, for example, to change the lifestyle for the better, to get rid of bad habits.
Incorrect and untimely therapy contributes to the transition of the acute form of the disease into a chronic one, when the symptoms of the pathology subside, and after some time, they make themselves felt again. In the fight against chronic cystitis, antibacterial drug treatment does not always give a good result. Malicious bacteria each time suppress the effect of the drugs used, producing a kind of immunity towards them, so over time antibiotics will become weak support for chronic inflammation of the genitourinary system.
Having passed the necessary tests and making sure that the disease is not caused by bacteria, you buy steroids NZ can proceed to medical procedures, eliminating antibacterial therapy.
Non-infectious cystitis is treated comprehensively using the following types of drugs:
- Non-steroidal drugs relieve from severe pain in the genital area. Ibuprofen, Ibuprom, Nurofen are among the most used.
- Antispasmodics eliminate pain and prevent cramps. Hyoscyamine, Scopolamine, Platifillin are the most used.
- Reducing drugs – vitamins Aerovit, Undevit – cause the muscle fibers of the inflamed mucosa to its former state.
- Cholinolytics and antidepressants – Befol, Toloxaton, Pyrazidol – have a calming effect during nervous breakdowns, reduce the extraordinary activity of the bladder.
- Antihistamines – Gismanal, Telfast, Feksadin – are used only if the pathology is allergenic.
- Bioactive substances that improve the psychophysical state of a person. Loose tea, coffee, ginseng are among the most well-known biostimulants.
- Hormonal drugs – Proginova, Ovestin, Ovipol – are needed to improve metabolism.
Drug measures combined with herbal medicine, physiotherapy and methods of traditional medicine. During treatment, one should not abuse alcohol, eat spicy food, smoke and lead a wild lifestyle, otherwise the situation will worsen. Drink plenty of water – up to 2.5-3 liters per day, pamper yourself with fruit drinks, fruit berries and natural fruit compotes.
When you can not do
Inflammation of the urogenital mucosa is often associated with the ingestion of Escherichia coli, Streptococcus or Staphylococcus. Pathogenic bacteria multiply rapidly, causing burning, itching and sharp pain in the groin. If cystitis is caused by an infection, you can’t do without antibiotics.
The main danger is the latency and asymptomatic bacterial cystitis. Frequent urge to urinate, cutting in the lower abdomen, burning sensation, although disturbing, pass quickly, so patients do not pay attention to obvious signs of pathology. Running and ignoring the inflammatory process is fraught with serious consequences. Women can face kidney disease, miscarriage, the birth of a physically weak child, men face problems with sexual function and the development of prostatitis.
Therapy of infectious cystitis is similar with the use of the following categories of drugs:
- Antibiotics with a pronounced antimicrobial effect – Furadonin, Monural, Supraks – inhibit the growth of the number of malicious microbes.
- Uroseptiki – penicillins, fluoroquinolones, macrolides – have diuretic and antibacterial properties, are excreted by the kidneys, do not have serious side effects.
- Antispasmodics – Drotaverine, Drotaverine chloride – eliminate muscle cramps.
- Toning and fortifying – Geriforte, Ginseng root – help restore the expended strength, relieve fatigue and stress.
- Vaginal suppositories and pills for venereal diseases will be needed when cystitis proceeds in parallel with venereal pathologies and candidiasis.
What to look for
If the disease is accompanied by at least one of the following symptoms, it is impossible to do without antibiotics:
- a rise in body temperature to elevations of 37 ° C and higher, which is accompanied by fever;
- excruciating pain in the abdomen, giving way to the crotch, sacrum, lower back, leg;
- discoloration of urine – becomes turbid or pink, in the second case due to mixing with blood;
- frequent remissions;
- the presence of pus in urine;
- herbal medicine and other methods of treatment do not give the desired result even after prolonged use.
Antibiotics effectively eliminate the disease, but have a number of side properties. Antibacterial therapy is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women. With prolonged use, they can cause stress, adversely affect the functioning of the liver and the digestive tract.
Alternative Treatments for Cystitis
Treatment without antibiotics in women rarely gives a positive result. Doctors recommend a combination therapy combining medication and alternative medicine methods.
Broths, tinctures of herbs and berries are often used to treat cystitis. Herbal medicine is carried out at home, but after consulting with your doctor.
Traditional healers advise to look at the following recipes to help overcome the disease equipoise online:
- Cranberry juice: 250-300 g of berries, mash with a blender, pass the resulting consistency through a sieve. Drink should drink 25-30 ml 3 times a day.
- The infusion of bearberry leaves has diuretic and antimicrobial properties. To prepare in a glass pour 1 tbsp. l grass and pour boiling water, wait until the tool has cooled. Drink 3 times a day for 10-15 ml of infusion to improve well-being.
- Lingonberry tea is valued for its diuretic and anti-inflammatory effects. Cooking in 500 ml of boiling water by adding 2 tsp. berries, wait 2-3 hours to cool. Means we drink in small sips 3-4 times a day. You can drink instead of the usual tea, adding a little boiling water.
- Corn leaves decoction is known to be a diuretic effect, rich in vitamins and essential trace elements. To prepare in a glass with boiling water add 2 tbsp. l plants, insist 3-4 hours, drink 100-150 ml 5-7 times a day.
Herbal medicine is contraindicated for people suffering from heart and kidney failure due to the high diuretic effect of decoctions and infusions based on medicinal plants.
Complex drugs from various medicinal herbs are well proven in the fight against cystitis.
The composition of these medicines include natural ingredients, so when using them there is no risk of harm to health.
The proven and effective herbal remedies include:
- Canephron – made from the petals of the centaury, rosemary, lovage root. Eliminates swelling, has diuretic properties, reduces inflammation and inhibits the growth of microbes. Allowed to use for pregnant women and small children. Produced in drops and dragees, among the contraindications – individual intolerance to the individual components of the drug and alcohol consumption.
- Cystone – is available in light brown tablets, contains extracts of various medicinal herbs. Eliminates E. coli, dissolves kidney stones, relieves inflammation, has an antispasmodic effect, is absolutely harmless, can be given to children and women in labor.
- Urolesan – consists of oil of fir, hop cones, fruits of wild carrot and other useful components. Release in capsules and drops, help in the treatment of acute and chronic cystitis, dilating blood vessels and relieving inflammation, also increases the daily volume of urine. Contraindicated in gastritis, gastric ulcer, allergies to individual components of the drug, lactose intolerance and worsening urolithiasis.
- Monurel – a dietary supplement for the prevention and treatment of cystitis, consists of a concentrate of cranberry fruit. It is suitable for the chronic form of the disease, it cleans the urinary tract from bacteria, it requires long therapy. Contraindicated in pregnant women, nursing moms and in severe diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Crenfors – uroantiseptic, produced in capsules, made on the basis of extracts of marsh cranberries, fights not only with cystitis, but also prevents the appearance of candidiasis. The drug enhances the action of antibiotics, cleanses the body of poisons and has anti-inflammatory properties, goes well with other herbal remedies. Contraindicated with individual intolerance, to use twice a day after a meal, drinking water.
- Renel is a homeopathic curative that comes in tablets, is notable for its availability due to its low price and high efficiency in the treatment of urinary tract pathologies. It is recommended to use for adult patients, it has diuretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Phytolysin – a combined drug based on various herbs and oils, has an antibacterial and diuretic effect, eliminates cutting pain in cystitis. Contraindicated in cardiac and pulmonary insufficiency, intolerance to individual components of the drug.
Although there is no significant harm from herbal remedies, you should consult a doctor before use and then begin therapy. Herbal medicines improve blood circulation, eliminate spasms on the walls of the ureters, restore the bladder mucosa.
The benefits of physiotherapy in the treatment of cystitis are undeniable, especially when it comes to the chronic form of the disease.
The benefits of physiotherapy methods are as follows:
- the body is cleansed of toxins and harmful substances;
- pain, burning, itching;
- normalized daily diuresis volume;
- There is no harm in contrast to the use of antibiotics;
- strengthen the immune system.
Types of physiotherapy
The goal of physiotherapy treatment for inflammation of the urinary tract is to completely eliminate the pathology by acupressure at the foci of infection. In cases where drug therapy and antibiotics do not give a positive result, physiotherapy often helps.
Resorted to the following types of physiotherapy:
- Electrophoresis prevents inflammation, relieves pain, swelling and has a relaxing effect on the walls of the bladder.
- Ultrasound treatment eliminates bacteria, improves blood circulation, removes toxins and wastes from the body.
- Magnetotherapy – the main physiotherapy, conducted in the treatment of cystitis. Restores microbial-damaged cells, destroys pathogenic bacteria and provides toxins from the urethra.
- Extremely high-frequency therapy – suitable for both disease prevention and treatment. Destroys harmful microorganisms, promotes healing of the inflamed organ, relieves pain.
Homeopathic remedies, along with antibiotics and herbal supplements, have been widely used in the treatment of diseases of the urogenital system, in general, providing support to an inflamed organ.
The obvious advantages of homeopathy include:
- practically does not cause allergic reactions;
- low price;
- can be given to children and pregnant women;
- used for both treatment and prophylactic purposes;
- effectively suppress viral and bacterial infections;
- no contraindications.
When taking homeopathic medicines, the symptoms of the disease recede already by 2-3 days of systemic Sports nutrition treatment. It is better to combine homeopathy with other methods of therapy, then recovery will occur faster.
The most well-known homeopathic remedies include:
- Belladonna – used at the beginning of therapy, when the first symptoms of the disease appear, the fever does not subside, itching and burning are disturbing.
- Berberis is used for frequent urination, pain in the pelvic region, and also if the color of the urine turns pink due to mixing with blood.
- Camphor is recommended for severe pain at the beginning of urination.
- Kantaris helps with severe forms of the disease, when urine is excreted only in droplets, sphincter spasm appears, the urge is every 2-4 minutes, along with urine pus is released from the vagina.
Gymnastic exercises are recommended for all forms of pathology.
However, some sports will have to leave – these include:
- swimming – the disease can worsen due to the cooling of the body;
- wrestling, boxing, bodybuilding;
- cyclocross, skating, skiing.
Exercise therapy is selected by a specialist, start training in the morning, before breakfast, but after emptying the bladder. Duration of lessons – 30-45 minutes. Therapeutic gymnastics significantly improves blood circulation, removes toxins, strengthen the immune system. Exercise can be for prevention and for medicinal purposes.
Recently, she began to experience acute pain in the lower abdomen, was examined by a gynecologist. The diagnosis was disappointing – acute cystitis, turning into a chronic form. Treatment began immediately: antibiotics and decoctions of herbs. From herbal medicines, she chose phytolysin paste, which was advised by her friend. After a week, I feel better – the symptoms of inflammation are gone. For prevention, I continue to drink cowberry tea and cranberry juice, in the mornings I do light exercises, I keep my body warm.
Vlada, 29 years old, Kemerovo
I caught a cold in the winter. The flu and cough were gone, but suddenly painful pains appeared in the groin area. I noticed that I often began to run to the toilet – sometimes 30-40 times a day. She told about everything to her husband (he is a physician by education), advised me to pass urine for cystitis. Urologist confirmed inflammation of the bladder. He prescribed a course of antibiotic treatment and recommended herbal remedies: monurel and urolesan. The disease seems to have receded, but there was a side effect in the form of diarrhea. It turns out, often used to run to the toilet in a small way, now in a big way. I will drink chamomile and motherwort infusions, honey and do gymnastics.Farida, 32 years old, Makhachkala
Cystitis was ill in childhood. I suffered from pain, burning and constant itching. The process of urination became a real test for me: I sat on the toilet for a long time, experiencing discomfort, but I could not relieve myself. Soon I told about the problem to my mother, she treated me with folk remedies (mainly herbal infusions), antibiotics, punished me to eat more onions and garlic. Every day I sat on a bucket in which a brick heated in a furnace was lowered, steam from it miraculously removed symptoms of inflammation. She soon recovered and was no longer sick. Conclusion: complex treatment quickly and effectively helps with diseases of the urinary tract.Lera, 29 years old, Kaliningrad
The video contains tips on treating cystitis from Elena Malysheva. The doctor will tell you in which cases the disease can be cured at home without resorting to traditional medicine.