Interstitial cystitis, symptoms and treatment of chronic disease in women and men, diet and folk remedies
- What is interstitial cystitis?
Interstitial cystitis: what are the symptoms here and treatment of chronic disease in women and men, diet and folk remedies
The development, symptoms and treatment of interstitial cystitis. Medical methods and folk recipes for relieving pain and treating the inflammatory process in the bladder.
How to treat interstitial cystitis in women and men
Urinary system diseases cause discomfort to a person when emptying. The cause is hidden in diseases of the bladder, kidneys and ureters.
Interstitial cystitis is an inflammatory non-infectious process characterized by damage to the walls of the urinary organ.
The content of the article
- What is interstitial cystitis?
- The reasons
- Development mechanisms
- Folk remedies
What is interstitial cystitis?
This is quite a serious disease, when the mucous membrane does not perform protective functions due to the violation of the integrity of its tissues. The walls of the body are compacted, it entails a decrease in its size. Most often the disease is diagnosed in women older than 40 years.
Against other chronic diseases and reduced immunity, intercurrent cystitis develops.
It has a similar symptom.
Experts have not yet been able to definitively identify the exact causes of the development of pathology, but they cite factors that predispose to the disease.
- violations of the barrier function of the epithelial layer, leading to the penetration of toxic compounds;
- failure in the synthesis of mucous substances released in the epithelium cells and serving as protection for the muscular layer of the organ;
- autoimmune conditions, during which the body conflicts with its own cells;
- infectious lesions of the urinary tract, damaging the epithelial layer and violating its barrier properties;
- endocrine pathologies caused by disorders in the thyroid gland or adrenal glands;
- urinary incontinence;
- weakness of the muscles lining the pelvic floor;
- deterioration of the blood supply to the bladder;
- reducing the amount of estrogen in menopause;
- lymphatic stasis.
There are also a number of risk factors that can trigger the development of this syndrome.
It can be:
- gynecological surgery;
- diseases of autoimmune nature;
- syndrome in which colon tissue is irritated anabolic steroids for sale, spastic colitis;
- allergic reaction caused by high sensitization (increased sensitivity) of the body;
- long-term depressive states, mental disorders.
Scientists believe that the decisive factor in the development of the disease is damage or inconsistency of the glycosaminoglycan layer of the mucous membrane. It consists of natural polysaccharides, which are part of the intercellular substance of connective tissue. These include chondroitin and hyaluronic acid, as well as heparin.
With a lack of glycosaminoglycans, the epithelium is excessively loosened. This allows substances present in the composition of urine to contact with the muscular wall of the body, causing its irritation.
It is very dangerous to treat the disease on its own, since non-bacterial cystitis often takes a chronic form.
The main classification criterion is the anatomical integrity of the organ mucosa.
Urologists distinguish 2 forms of the disease:
- Ulcerative cystitis. Inflammation of a non-infectious nature affects both the bladder mucosa and the tissue that is located between it and the muscle. Due to the appearance of a deep rupture, tissue destruction occurs.
- Non-ulcer cystitis. Clinical symptoms are mild, diagnosis is difficult. Inflammation is localized in the deep layers of the urinary wall. The mucosa is minimally modified.
The typical clinical picture of the disease is not established. Symptoms of cystitis may differ in two patients.
The main features are:
- constant pain in the pelvic area;
- increased discomfort when the body is full of urine;
- lack of libido or pain during orgasm;
- frequent urination at night.
At the initial stage of development of the pathology, the signs may be absent, but its progression will certainly make the symptoms pronounced.
It is difficult to diagnose the disease, since it is difficult to determine the cause of the pathology. After examining and interviewing the patient, the doctor prescribes laboratory and instrumental examinations.
- general blood analysis;
- potassium test (assessment of the intensity of pain syndrome during the introduction of sterile water and potassium chloride solution);
- research for the presence of viral infectious and sexually transmitted diseases.
In addition, it is important to differentiate the disease from endometriosis in women, inflammation of the prostate in men.
The most informative procedures are instrumental methods of examination of the patient.
- Ultrasound (ultrasound) of the pelvic organs. Evaluates the size of the urinary organ and kidneys, reveals the presence of stones, cysts or other tumors.
- Excretory urography. A contrast agent is inserted into the vein for radiography of the urinary system.
- Uroflowmetry. Measured the speed of movement of the urine during emptying.
- KUDI (complex urodynamic study). Determines the work of the lower urinary tract.
- Retrograde cystourethrography. Evaluates the shape and volume of the affected organ.
- Cystoscopy. Inspection of the mucous with special tools.
- Histological examination and biopsy (if necessary).
Concomitant disease can be suspected with long-term ineffectiveness of the treatment. The diagnosis is established only with the complete exclusion of another pathology.
Therapy is aimed at eliminating the cause of the disease.
- Pentoxifylline. It improves blood circulation and microcirculation in the tissues.
- Diclofenac, Ibuprofen. Non-hormonal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Heparin. Strengthens mucus-forming functions of the shell.
- Gepon. It has immunomodulatory and antiviral effects.
- Actovegin. Accelerates cellular metabolism.
A feature of the therapy of this type of cystitis is intravesical administration of dimethyl sulfoxide. It quickly enters the cells and reduces inflammation. Additionally prescribed to receive vitamins of group B.
Therapy is performed only by a urologist.
In order to eliminate inflammation, physiotherapy is also prescribed (magnetic therapy, laser treatment). In advanced cases, surgical intervention is performed with cauterization or excision of the injured areas of the urinary mucosa.
To improve the condition, you can use folk remedies in addition to the main treatment.
Highly effective recipes are the following:
- Elderberry blossoms. 2 tbsp. l raw materials need to pour 250 ml of boiling water, stand on the steam bath for 15 minutes, insist at least 2 hours. Strain and take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals. Course – 2 weeks.
- Make a mixture of birch leaves, nettle and flax seeds. 1 tbsp. l pour 250 ml of boiling water, put in a water bath for 15 minutes. Strain, cool, drink ½ cup before meals 2 times a day.
- Sleep in a thermos and 1 tbsp. l lingonberry leaf, chamomile, hop cones, lovage. Pour hot water and insist for 50-60 minutes. Strain, take twice a day, 100 ml before meals.
Benefit and drink a large amount of birch sap, lingonberry juice or rosehip infusion.
It is necessary not only to take medications prescribed by the doctor, but also to reconsider the diet. This will speed recovery and prevent relapses.
- alcoholic beverages;
- ketchup, adjika, tomato sauces;
- strong coffee, energy drinks;
- chocolate and cocoa;
- hot and spicy spices, all kinds of pepper;
- mustard, pickles, horseradish;
- fried and fatty foods.
You can not use any sweeteners, carbonated drinks and foods high in sugar.
In the diet you need to include:
- Clean drinking water. Every day should drink at least 8 glasses of liquid.
- Blueberry or cranberry fresh juice. The berries contain proanthocyanidins, which do not allow bacteria to attach to the bladder mucosa.
- Fresh fruits and buysteroidsuk vegetables, juices from them. The vitamins, antioxidants and fiber contained in them stimulate digestion.
- Sweet pepper, broccoli, black currant. They contain a lot of vitamin C.
- Beef liver, cream, milk, eggs. Foods rich in vitamin A.
To normalize the intestinal microflora and control of microorganisms that cause inflammation, it is recommended to use daily probiotics. This can be yogurt or any dairy product.
With prolonged neglect of symptoms and delayed treatment, complications may develop.
Most often observed:
- expansion of the ureter;
- scar formation;
- throwing urine into the ureter from the bladder;
- lack of orgasm in women;
- renal failure.
The most frequent consequence of the disease is ulceration in the urinary organ.
To prevent the development of cystitis is required to comply with preventive measures.
- daily shower intake;
- rejection of promiscuous sex;
- balanced diet;
- timely treatment of emerging diseases;
- taking vitamin complexes and immunomodulatory drugs.
It is necessary to prevent nervous disorders and reduce the frequency of stressful situations. For preventive examination, you must visit the doctor 2 times during the year.
In the video, the doctor talks about non-infectious cystitis.